[NFBCS] Antivirus

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Wed Dec 21 20:07:47 UTC 2022

I recently worked (remotely) with two machines that came with McAfee LiveSafe. I found this solution to be profoundly inaccessible:
* Trouble with main app, though I don't remember details by now.
* A .exe file was deleted or quarantined without a Windows Action Center notification or accessible indicator I could find.
* NVDA OCR told me the event had occurred, but of course this gave no access to any controls.
* On both machines, removal of the package was not possible at least with speech; I had to download and run the MCPR utility to do it.

I say all this partly as a warning and partly to see if someone else had a better experience.