[NFBCS] Bluetooth keyboard

charles.vanek at gmail.com charles.vanek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 21:07:42 UTC 2022

Awesome Tracy!  I do wish Logitech described it's keyboards better to make
purchasing easier between all the models.

A tip for anyone purchasing Logitech keyboards.  The M K stands for Mouse &
Keyboard.  If you just want the Keyboard of any model E.g. the MK270, you
could search for the K270 and get it without a mouse.  In this case the
Keyboard solo is 19.99 so not a giant savings, but on other Logitech models
dropping the Mouse can save more if you don't desire it for any reason.

For anyone interested in a comparison I've had the following two Logitech
models.
K750 Solar wireless keyboard.  The Solar gimmick worked great.  I enjoyed
not replacing AA batteries.  The keyboard had a full layout; but I do not
recall the application key.  However, I would not recommend anyone buy the
K750; after 3-4 months of pretty heavy use a few keys started double/triple
pressing for a single actual press.  I have two workstations and like to
have matching keyboards, the problem started occurring on 1 of 2.  The other
keyboard started a similar annoying problem where the F7 & F8 keys started
to trigger a key press with an ultra light touch that didn't even depress
the switch at all.  Thus running a finger to find the right F key could
trigger a press.  And we all know how important F5 through F8 can be when
browsing.

I now have two K800 keyboards which I think are 4 to 5 years old.  The K800
is a full size keyboard.  It does not have an Application key, but I've come
accustom to Shift+F10.  In the Position of the Application key they have the
Function key which I never use.  There are dedicated volume control keys
above the num-pad and by default the F keys are set to be F keys as I
hopefully recall correctly from 4+ years ago.  The one thing I don't like
about the K800 is that it has illuminated keys which drain the battery, this
can be dimmed down to next to nothing and then the battery lasts for a good
month under heavy usage.  The thing I do like is the battery on these
charges via micro USB; so every now and then I plug in each keyboard while
using it at a desk.  Thus there's still no AA batteries to deal with and
throw to the landfill or swap rechargeables.

Happy Holidays everyone.