[NFBCS] Accessible network simulation tool

Amelia Pellicciotti ameliapelli95 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 18:47:03 UTC 2022

Hello Diego,
Here are a couple of things to try.
First, does your professor write their own labs? If so, it will be
slightly easier for you to complete activities with the network
simulation tool, because unlike the activities that Cisco creates for
you, all modules will be unlocked. Second, there is a dialogue box you
can open with the names of devices, where you will simply press enter
on them and use tab to navigate, and here specific options about the
device. This worked best with Jaws 2021, at the time, using windows
10. the last time I used it was about a year ago, so try this list of
shortcut key resources. I am sad to say you probably will not get much
out of it, as the screenreader does not speak the network animated
simulations, obviously, but you should be able to connect devices, and
type simple commands in the TTY terminal for routers and switches. I
was also able to use basic commands like ping and traceroute on the
simulated PC's. Things could have changed, of course, maybe the
accessibility has gotten worse. but deffinitly ask your instructor to
create their own labs if you can, as this seems to unlock all
functionality, and you will be able to press enter on any devices
without limitations in the order in which you wish. Another
alternative is see if it is at all possible to travel to your
university, and ask if they have a wrack set up with networking
devices. Here is that link to the shortcut keys. I apologize, I cannot
remember exactly what keystroke I pressed to get to that listbox to
add/remove and connect devices. I believe you are looking for
something called the "logical workspace,"
https://mahi130.wordpress.com/2011/06/21/packet-tracer-shortcuts/