[NFBCS] favorites in edge

charles.vanek at gmail.com charles.vanek at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 04:03:32 UTC 2022

Hi Brian and all,
I save a lot of Favorites in Edge and most often I just leave them in the
default folder for favorites.  Subsequently, to then find them quickly (and
this works even if the bookmark is in a sub folder) is to start typing into
the Address Bar (control + L) anything in the title or URL that I remember
about the place I want to go.  The favorites will then be suggested, you can
go through that list with the down arrow right from the Address Bar.

To make the arrow down process better I change one default setting which is
called "Search and Site Suggestions".  Find this setting with the following
steps:
1. Alt + F for the Edge menu
2. Press S for settings
3. Find Address Bar and Search Button and Press Enter.
4. Tab until you hear  "Show me search and site suggestions using my typed
characters  check box"  which will say Checked or Unchecked; switch it to
Unchecked.

You'll also hear "Search result match: If you turn this off, you'll only see
suggestions from your favorites and history. Typed characters won't be sent
to the search engine used in the address bar."

With this setting off as you can tell in the description you'll now just get
Favorites and History suggestions when you arrow down from the address bar.
And for sites I go to often Edge seems to suggest those higher.

I also highly recommend turning on Synch in Edge.  It allows you to easily
get your favorites on Edge for iPhone, Mac, iPad, other Windows PCs, etc (I
assume Android).  This is also found in Settings and is totally free if you
have any Microsoft account such as outlook.com, Hotmail.com, msn.com or any
work or school account using Microsoft cloud services.

Curtis's approach also works, but then you'll want/need to rely on Windows
search.  With this option though you do have the benefit of transitioning to
any default browser.  You can also still synch to any number of clouds like
Microsoft OneDrive.

Hope that helps everyone.

Best,
Charles