[NFBCS] NVDA with Ubuntu

dan.tevelde at comcast.net dan.tevelde at comcast.net
Fri Jul 8 21:27:20 UTC 2022

Hi All,

I am using Ubuntu to connect with my school's education environment. Things
were working well until an hour ago. When I boot up my computer, I see the
Ubuntu terminal prompt. I can launch any Windows application including
Visual Studio. The problem I am having is that when I switch between the
Linux terminal and Visual Studio, NVDA stops working. I use the control key
plus tilde to cycle back and forth between Visual Studio and the terminal.
To make matters worse, if I open a JavaScript file and then a spec file NVDA
isn't announcing anything when I press control plus tab to cycle between the
spec file and my JavaScript. Things have been working well for months. I was
able to edit code, and review output from the terminal by navigating line by
line using control plus up or down arrow. I didn't change any settings. I
was in a Zoom meeting and shared my screen with someone who could see. He
determined that keyboard commands were working. I just don't get reliable
feedback from NVDA with speech and my Focus Braille display. I hope someone
has a suggestion. This is a scary situation.

Thanks,

Dan