[NFBCS] CNBC Investing Club Accessibility

Mike Gorse mike at straddlethebox.org
Mon Jul 25 18:06:33 UTC 2022

There are other services out there aimed at helping people to pick
individual stocks (Motley Fool for instance). But I just buy index funds
and stay away from trying to trade or pick individual stocks or time the
market. It's easier that way, and I'd be a lot better off if I'd
consistently done that when I was younger. Even actively-managed mutual
funds managed by professionals usually don't beat index funds in the long
term, which tells me something.