[NFBCS] My Laptop Won't Let Me Change the Audio Driver

Nicole Torcolini torcolini at comcast.net
Sun Jun 26 01:12:37 UTC 2022

            This is related to accessibility because it affects my ability
to switch to headphone output.

            I recently got a new Dell laptop directly from Dell-complete
with all of the Dell gloatware. Everything is going fine-except for that the
laptop and I are fighting over which audio driver to use. I want the
RealTech High Definition audio driver, but it keeps reinstalling the Waves
Max driver, regardless of what I do. Even if I delete the driver for the
Waves driver, after a reboot, it is back again. It does not even seem to
complete the installation of the other driver.

            Has anyone else encountered this, and, if so, how did you fix
it?

            I am running Windows 10 64 bit on a Dell Latitude 5420. Please
excuse me if I did not include any needed information or if any of the
information that I provided seems confusing-fighting with my computer has
made me tired.

Nicole

To err is human,

To forgive divine

To really screw something up it takes a computer