[NFBCS] debugging an asp.net issue.

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Mon Mar 14 18:50:22 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I'm at the end of my rope on this one and would appreciate if someone
has some advice/tips.

I'm working on an asp.net issue. I've tried and can't manage to boil
this down to a testcase which is kind of frustrating.

The page has a few combo boxes, a table of data and a data pager.

When I do most things like refresh the page, nothing happens. When I
sort the data (by clicking a header on the table), for some reason the
bottom part of the page (with a couple combo boxes, the pager, etc) is
duplicated.

As far as I can tell, there is nothing that would duplicate that, and
putting debug statements in multiple places doesn't show this being
created. This is all wrapped in an empty div (by empty I mean no class,
no id, etc).

I've enabled tracing, at the page level and otherwise and see the
controls being created, but page-level tracing doesn't indicate what
created the controls.

Any ideas on how I can further debug this?

Thanks,