[NFBCS] Very strange computer issue

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Wed May 4 15:07:09 UTC 2022

Good morning everyone,

I am a bit surprised and at a loss as to what to do.

I have a very good and nice laptop that I purchased a little over a year
ago. It's one of the best I've had.

Yesterday, I was about to attend a function via Zoom when I noticed that
even while it was closed and supposedly off, it rebooted itself. I knew that
because the Windows startup sound came up.

The battery was at 86% at the time.

I actually opened the computer to see if it was on, but it wasn't, so I
pushed the power button, and it supposedly booted as normal. Once I went
through getting going and getting my Zoom room set up, I noticed JAWS
stopped talking, and a few seconds later, it rebooted again.

I thought it might be doing Windows updates, but that was not the case.

I went through everything again, and while I waited for my people to come to
my zoom room, I went to Outlook to check email. I heard a click, the
computer turned off and began rebooting again. After doing this a couple
more times and being very tired from the general day, I gave up and closed
my laptop and just left it plugged in. Sure enough, from the other room, I
heard the faint sound of the Windows Startup sound.

I've never seen this happen before. I could understand an update doing
several reboots, but this was not the case.

Does anyone have any good suggestions? Again, this is a great laptop and has
served me well, until yesterday.

Thanks.

Jim

I couldn't tell if anything was going on,