[NFBCS] Important: Braille drivers in apple devices and operating systems

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 21:25:57 UTC 2022

Hello all,

Our affiliate has received a resolution alleging that Apple has
removed Braille drivers and some other accessibility features from
Apple devices and operating systems, especially in beta versions but
also in general. The resolution proposes that we strongly urge Apple
to fix these errors.

In my experience, Apple has generally been reliable (after a certain
point) about keeping and adding accessibility features. They also have
a bunch of great accessibility testers, whom I think would be
incredibly angry if Apple tried to do that. Before we leverage serious
complaints against Apple, I want to check whether Braille drivers and
other accessibility features were actually removed from Apple devices
and operating systems, especially beta versions.

If any of you knows whether or not this is true, please let me know as
soon as possible. The resolutions revisions deadline is approaching
very quickly, and if this resolution is false, we need for it to be
withdrawn.

If any of you has any articles or press releases, or solid proof of
this removal, I would appreciate if you could send me that as well.
Thanks.

Best,
cricket

--
Cricket X. Bidleman, B.A (she/her/hers)
M.A Candidate | Stanford Journalism Class of 2022