[NFBCS] The Fine Line Between Reasonable Versus Unreasonable Accommodations

tyler Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Sat Sep 3 15:19:42 UTC 2022

I fully support the idea you're raising here. In mental health circles,
this is called spoon theory. You start with x number of spoons and each
issue you deal with through the day takes one away. as a blind person,
your spoons seem to vanish at a rather alarming rate on normal days.

I'd be for making a resource that helps. The last time I suggested
writing articles and offered to throw money in in an NFB call I was
chastised for proposing solutions and the idea died. If there are plenty
of like-minded people who want that kind of platform, we should do
something; it doesn't have to be tied to NFBCS.

I am in full agreement that a central resource could be useful. I'm
thinking something like a wiki though, and not the pay-for-tutorial
service Peter is pushing here.

Not everyone has the money, and if the goal is to help people be
employed by providing tips and tricks to issues, charging people already
struggling feels like you're kicking them when they're already down.