[NFBCS] VMWare on Mac (Fusion)

Nathaniel Schmidt schmidty2244 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 10:09:51 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I have been trying to learn to use VMware Fusion on my Mac with a Windows 11 on ARM64 VM. I am also quite a new Mac user so this may not be helping.

But I am having trouble with something seemingly simple that I have always found very easy on Windows with VMWare Workstation Player. Does anyone know how a keyboard user can, if at all, direct keyboard input to and from the guest and host devices? On Windows, this is quite simple: CTRL+G to direct input to the VM and CTRL+Alt to direct input back to the actual hardware host. I’ve tried googling the answer but I’m only getting results about sending keys through that are not commonly found on a Mac in any event, if at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Nathaniel