[NFBCS] VMWare on Mac (Fusion)

maurice mines maurice at maurice-amines.com
Thu Apr 27 17:47:43 UTC 2023

Good morning I normally turn off jaws when I'm using a virtual machine.
This helps significantly. This is especially critical for me but not for
most people on this list the reason why it is especially critical for me
is because I use dictation software because of the additional disability.

I would say that one should bear this in mind and in my case I'm letting
this on an Intel-based Mac. And I'm using the current version of jobs
23. And I am using VMware fusion the current version. While the set up
may work for me there is no guarantee that it will work for everyone. I
hope this helps?

On 23/04/27 14:29, Derrick Day via NFBCS wrote:

> Voiceover blocks this in most cases. I use UTM which is a free version
> of a hypervisor and I had the same issue. I turn off voiceover, which
> is a relatively easy way to allow most keys to be redirect-ted. There
> are some exceptions though, the caps lock key is not directly passed
> through so you can't use it as a modifier for a windows screen reader.
> Some other keys like the Insert key are also not passed. I personally
> don't love using windows virtual machines on mac so I only do it if
> absolutely necessary, however it definitely can be done if need be.
> Let me know if you have any more questions and I will be happy to help
> you to the best of my ability.
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> Derrick C Day, student of Westminster High School
>
> I have a website. Click here <http://brlkid.duckdns.org/> to view it
> in your browser!

> *Subject:* [NFBCS] VMWare on Mac (Fusion)
> Hi all,
>
> I have been trying to learn to use VMware Fusion on my Mac with a
> Windows 11 on ARM64 VM. I am also quite a new Mac user so this may not
> be helping.
>
> But I am having trouble with something seemingly simple that I have
> always found very easy on Windows with VMWare Workstation Player. Does
> anyone know how a keyboard user can, if at all, direct keyboard input
> to and from the guest and host devices? On Windows, this is quite
> simple: CTRL+G to direct input to the VM and CTRL+Alt to direct input
> back to the actual hardware host. I’ve tried googling the answer but
> I’m only getting results about sending keys through that are not
> commonly found on a Mac in any event, if at all.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Nathaniel
> NFBCS:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbcs_nfbnet.org/brlkid%40outlook.com

Sent from my Windows  11 computer.
Maurice Mines
text number, 661-868-9647.
Fax number 661-449-3746.
Amateur radio call sign, kd0iko.
First vice  president  National Federation of the Blind of California deaf blind division.
VP National Federation of the Blind of California Bakersfield chapter.