[NFBCS] defender firewall

Lewis Wood lewislwood at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 17:10:58 UTC 2023

Well I reset the Firewall settings and this fixed it.

So now I can host express in windows on my desktop or laptop.

Now I am trying to enable it in WSL using the netsh command.

Netsh is persistence and will rerun on every reboot.

I got this off a video and had a sighted person verify it.

netsh interface portproxy v4tov4 add ListenPort=3117 ListenAddress=0.0.0.0
ConnectPort=3117 ConnectAddress=${${wsl hostname -I}.Trim()}

Now my powershell complains that ${${wsl hostname -I}.Trim()};

Should use `{ instead. I could not get it work.

Tried looking it up, but apparently I am going to have to read the entire
powershell scripting book.

Anyone out there familiar with Powershell scripting?

Wsl hostname -I returns the ip address of the default distro. I need to pass
that value to connectaddress.

Lewis Wood

lewislwood at gmail.com <mailto:lewislwood at gmail.com>