[NFBCS] zoom problem

Charles Vanek charles.vanek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 23:56:12 UTC 2023

Easier than recording and playing back is to simply use the “Test Microphone and Speakers” option. You can do this in a meeting and I’m 99% sure you can do it from the Zoom client before joining a call.  If you are in a call and on the Zoom Client for Windows the test can be found by tabbing to the Audio Option which is one tab after Mute/Unmute and one tab before Turn Video on or off.  In that menu you’ll find a listing of all input devices, then all output devices and along with the test.

The test is easy to use, first it’ll play a sound to ensure speakers work, then you’ll hit yes that you can hear the sound, then you’ll speak and pause your speaking for a moment, after just a second or to you’ll hear yourself.  You can also test if JAWS is heard by simply having JAWS read the time then pause and see what you hear if anything.  I use this sometimes if I’m assessing what background might bet picked up on a call.

Hope that helps.

Best,
CV