[NFBCS] Why Not Google was RE: Document management program

Charles Vanek charles.vanek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 01:53:33 UTC 2023

Hi Heidi, Asana’s Accessibility statement does clearly have a few red flags in it.  Embarking on a Years Long project to make their software accessible is usually a sign that the problems are deep.

It does sound as if your other contributors may be seeking some workflow or templates, otherwise Asana wouldn’t be a choice.  Google’s Suite of apps in my humble opinion lack a certain efficiency.  I would suggest Microsoft 365, it’s probably already on the list and it certainly has small business to enterprise advantages.  OneDrive can easily manage permissions/sharing and real-time collaboration.  Microsoft’s Accessibility support pages are pretty good and Microsoft offers the Disability Answer Desk where you can call in and get added support if necessary for no cost.  Plans are also monthly or annually for small businesses and apps can run on Mac, iPad, iOS, Windows and I assume Android & the web version works on Chromebooks.  So everyone at your organization can use it.

Asana, OneTrust, Airtable, … all have a problem of lock-in to their platform and while they may do certain things like templates and approval workflows really well, there is a ton of things they can’t do at all which Microsoft can.

If however your organization is thinking about a tool in addition to Google Suite then that certainly is problematic for a Microsoft solution because the redundancy will become a headache with two suites doing basically all the same things.

So I fear you are in a tough spot if your organization is looking for a specific tool, because many of these tools are created for businesses which likely have little legal compliance risk.  Whereas Microsoft and Google are used by organization with legal requirements and thus they are way ahead of the game.

Best of luck!  Email me directly if you want, I’m interested in how things turn out.

Fingers crossed.

Best,
Charles

Sent from my iPhone