[NFBCS] Shift+enter

linda at coccovizzo.com linda at coccovizzo.com
Tue Feb 7 15:39:37 UTC 2023

Hello all. I recently ran into a situation where I wanted to view my cart on
the Sam's Club website. At the time, it was nearly Christmas, and between
that, and a pending storm, I was in a hurry to get my orders in so they
would be delivered on time. View cart was a link, but enter wouldn't let me
view. I finished the order in the app, and moved on. Later I went back to
visit the problem. I tried with various browser and screen reader
combinations, with no luck. I did find one odd thing. If the cart was empty,
I could view it all day long. However as soon as I added anything, I could
not view it by using that "view cart" link. Then I remembered that I had
read somewhere in searching in regards to a similar issue a few years back,
that someone suggested shift+enter. So, for kicks, I tried that. It did
work. That doesn't solve the accessibility issue, because who is going to
know to do that. I said all of this to ask:

Can anyone tell me why shift+enter would work, when enter would not?

Thanks.

Linda C.