[NFBCS] VDI VMWare

Tom Moore tommym2006 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 13:49:13 UTC 2023

Hi,
Remote desktop will probably be the most responsive system you can use with
speech to access remote machines.
The main reason for this is that the audio you hear is generated from your
local machine with Jaws when you interact with the remote computer.
In most other remote access solutions the audio is generated from the remote
side and this adds latency on your end slowing you down so what when you hit
keys on your keyboard there is latency in the audio system and you will
experience this when you type and tell Jaws to stop speaking and other
functions.

As far as using one system as a proxy type system this is problematic as
Jaws has only configured this function to be a one to one access system.
What I mean by this is if you want to rdp out from the system you are
accessing in the Vmware environment Jaws doesn't not support multiple levels
of the remote chain on your end.

Thanks,
Tom