[NFBCS] Drupal and PayPal

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Wed Jan 25 15:37:17 UTC 2023

	hello Steve.  There are two ways to do what you want.  The first, and easiest, as well as
the most secure, is to put a button on your web form with all the payment information the donor
is making which, when activated, takes the donor to the Paypal web site where they can pay
using their Paypal account, their bank account or a debit/credit card.  This method has the
advantage that it will continue working even if Paypal or Drupal update their software and/or
web site.  It also has the advantage that you don't have to share your Paypal credentials with
Drupal.

	The second is to use a Drupal module that interfaces with Paypal.  I know less about this
method, but it requires you keep updating Drupal, the module, and that you share your Paypal
credentials with the Drupal software in order to keep the payment method working.  While this
may provide a more seemless experience for your visitors, depending on one's definition of
seemless, I highly discourage you from using this method for the reasons I've  stated above.

Good luck and happy fund raising!
-Brian