[NFBCS] Channeling Virtualised System Audio on a Mac for Recording Purposes

Nathaniel Schmidt schmidty2244 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 12:17:16 UTC 2023

Hi all,

Does anyone on this list have any experience recording system audio on macOS? I have tried to use a Multi-output device via the open-source Blackhole virtual audio driver to create an equivalent of the stereo mix in Windows. However, I am discovering that only VoiceOver as the screen-reader is captured rather than any other audio that is played. I have tried using a 16-channel driver instead of merely a 2-channel one but it hasn’t made a difference.

I would like to record some Lehera audio loops for some Hindustani (North Indian) drumming I do for a hobby. If worse comes to worst, I could just use the built-in mic(s) on my Mac but I would prefer not to do so.

Regards,

Nathaniel