[NFBCS] Mastodon accessibility problems

Mike Gorse mike at straddlethebox.org
Sun Jun 4 00:58:54 UTC 2023

I just tried signing up on mastodon.social using firefox and also had
trouble with the CAPTCHA. There is a link to hcaptcha.com that is supposed
to allow you to get a cookie, but I haven't been able to get that to work
so far. The first time I signed in and used the button to set a cookie, I
think that it told me that the cookie was set, but I still got a challenge
when I went back to mastodon.social. I tried again to set a cookie, and
the site told me that it could not set a cookie and to email their support
if it continued to happen. So I think I'll try again later and email their
support if I still have trouble. But I'm curious if other people have had
success with it.

Signing up on a different Mastodon server might be another option.

-Mike