[NFBCS] Slightly OT: Microsoft and I Are Fighting over Control of My Laptop

charles.vanek at gmail.com charles.vanek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 00:52:47 UTC 2023

If you don’t have Pro for the group policy editor. Other option I can think of and certainly use with caution would be blocking the hostname or IP addresses that Windows update uses on the computer or in your router noting that at the router level you’ll knock it out for all windows computers connecting to the internet on that router.  You’ll also not save memory as the process will just timeout, possibly it’ll use same memory but more CPU cycles on retries.

I trust you know what you’re doing enough to do what you need to do for your unique situation.