[NFBCS] Screen curtain not working NVDA

Sabra Ewing sabra1023 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 19:09:31 UTC 2023

With one laptop, I can get the screen curtain on NVDA to turn on without an issue, but with another laptop I am using, it gives some message that says cannot load vision something or other. I forgot the exact phrasing but what it means is that whatever the screen curtain add-on is it can't load it.

I've tried going back to the factory defaults and that doesn't work.

Is it a bug? Has anyone here coded an add-on or some thing to fix it or is there something in the advanced settings that fixes it? Or does this other laptop need an earlier version of NVDA for some reason?

If there is no way to fix it right now, is there another way to turn off the screen so that when you are typing and doing things it still stays off including if you watch a video?

If no one here knows, where can I ask because I've already tried to search and search for this and can't find anyone else who has had this problem.

Sabra Ewing