[NFBCS] Accessibility of CompTia and Cyber Security Courses and Certifications

linda at coccovizzo.com linda at coccovizzo.com
Wed Jun 28 16:33:30 UTC 2023

Hi all. Would any of you have information on whether or not courses offered
by places like Udemy, Coursera, or uCertify are accessible with screen
readers? What would any of you who have worked through these networking and
cyber security certifications recommend a screen reader user go for the most
accessible experience? I have watched many people attempt to obtain
certifications through their community colleges, and constantly run into
accessibility barriers. Some manage to push through, but most get
frustrated, and change employment goals. All three of the sites I mentioned,
offering courses and test prep, claim accessibility with screen readers. I
have a couple of students who have expressed interest, so any information
from those of you who have experienced any of these or others accessibly,
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Linda C.