[NFBCS] Cloud questions:

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Tue May 9 18:20:11 UTC 2023

	hello Charles.  The short answer to your question is: yes.  The long answer is, the
difficulty of using a particular cloud service depends on the cloud provider you're using and
the specific service you're using from that cloud provider.  Different folks will have
different comments on this topic, depending on their experience and the jobs they have to do.
In the past year, I've become quite familiar with Linode, now owned by Akamai, and I have to say
I've been quite impressed with the accessibility of the products I've used.  Once the initial
account is set up, all cloud services can be initiated and maintained using their linode CLI,
which is a python based suite of tools.  Unfortunately, all these service providers are
continually changing and updating their service offerings, mostly to keep up with Amazon's AWS
services or Microsoft Azure, so whether a specific service is accessible always remains an open
question.  So far, knock wood, Linode has done an excellent job of providing accessible
technology.

-thanks
-Brian