[NFBCS] Setting up jaws on citrix server for remote access

Ed Barnes edbarnes7 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 14:25:18 UTC 2023

Hello all.
I know that this topic has come up on this list before, the last time
it came up I think Beth Hatch asked about it.
At work I have been asked to assist on a project to setup jaws in our
citrix environment to make it accessible to another blind employee.
I know a few of the basics, I.E., I know her client workstation needs
a full jaws install and she needs jaws pro so the ilm license includes
remote access and citrix support, however, I am looking to speak to
others on this list who have experience in assisting to setup the jaws
components on the citrix server.
I know we need to setup the blind employee's account so it staticly
logs into a single citrix server where the jaws components are
installed vs  logging into any server.
I know both server and client need to run the same version of jaws,
preferably the latest, I.E., 2023.
However, I don't know much more, I worked on a similar citrix cenario
ten years ago but I don't remember many of the details, and my only
other experience with setting up remote access was setting up jaws and
RDP which isn't exactly the same. :(
If there is anyone on the list who might be able to offer to share
their experiences with me, please reply here or please feel free to
contact me directly, if you do contact me directly please cc my work
email specified in the cc field of this message as I check that much
more often, I'm writing this note from my gmail as that's the email
I've used to subscribe to the listserve.
My work email is:
edbarnes at gov.nl.ca
You can also contact me by phone or text at 709-682-4099.
Fyi I am located in St John's NL Canada but I do have unlimitted long
distance calling covering all of canada and the states so I'd also be
happy to return phone calls to save you long distance calling charges.
Thanks in advance for any/all assistance.
Respectfully submitted,
Ed Barnes