[NFBCS] Does Anyone Know Why JAWS Sucks at Pronouncing So Many Words?

Humberto Avila humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Mon Aug 26 04:26:27 UTC 2024

Hi Nicole,

I would personally suggest to switch up your synth. I think Eloquence
TTS is great and can speak very fast, but I would agree, it sucks
pronouncing especially many modern terms. Eloquence TTS was made so many
years ago and it hasn't been updated. For me, your sentence, "I made a
quesadilla with a tortilla" was read and even the double L's you're
supposed to sound in Spanish, pronounced correctly with the Microsoft
SAPI voices that come with Windows. I bet you the Vocalizer Expressive
TTS that you can install with JAWS would even pronounce those.

But this is not the topic of this list. If you need help, write
off-list, or use another tech list like the GUI-Talk or blind Talk
mailing list.