[NFBCS] Windows 11: Use of WINDOWS+UPARROW to Maximize a Window

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 16:21:05 UTC 2024

Greetings:

One of the shortcut keys that is available in Windows is the WINDOWS+UPARROW
keyboard command. This is listed as the keyboard command to maximize a
window-an alternative to pressing ALT+SPACE followed by the letter x.

I wonder if folks using the WINDOWS+UPARROW command have experienced what I
am experiencing on my Windows 11 system. If the window that has focus is
already maximized, prior to Windows 11, it used to be that nothing would
happen when you pressed the WINDOWS+UPARROW command. Under Windows 11,
however, if the window is already maximized (but you don't know that it is
maximized), you are taken to a window which lists the active tasks. You have
to press Escape to be returned to what you were doing.

Thanks for any information you might be able to shed on this.

Best wishes,

Curtis Chong