[NFBCS] Question regarding SQL editors

Lewis Wood lewislwood at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 02:31:43 UTC 2024

They are typically called orm (Object relational Model) many of them offer column suggestions and a bit more.

vscode offers psql and other sql extensions you may be able to use.

I personally list the table structures and keys to a text file and use this to design my sql, but I am old school.

For example:

  I create a postGreSQL db using Docker.

I run it to get to a psql prompbt.

I then run my sql with simple commands and examine the results.

If I get an error I modify the script and rerun it.

If I need to restart, I simply run the restore script.

Here is my repository.  If you are unfamiliar with git clone, simply locate the code button menu and select download as a zip file.

https://github.com/lewislwood/postgresql-persistent-connect

You will have to install Docker in order to run this server.

Lewis Wood

lewislwood at gmail.com <mailto:lewislwood at gmail.com>