[NFBCS] request for 2024 NFB STEM scholarship donation

John Miller johnmillerphd at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 21 17:31:02 UTC 2024

Hello,
The Science and Engineering Division and the Computer Science Division are raising funds for a $8000 "Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics" (STEM) scholarship given by the NFB, to a worthy student at the NFB convention.
Many of you have made donations already and we are making good progress towards our 2024 goal.
Thank you for all of your help thus far.
In 2023, we were able to raise $5,000 for this scholarship.

Please consider donating to the NFB towards this scholarship.
The scholarship recipient will be legally blind, attending a full-time undergraduate or graduate program in the US in the fall of 2024, and studying in a field of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM).

To donate:

There are two ways to donate to the NFB STEM Scholarship: one method is online, and the second method is by mail.

If you wish to make an online donation: go to
https://nfb.org/contribute/give and fill out the required fields.  On the "Contribution Note" field please enter "STEM Scholarship".  Once your donation has been submitted, you will receive an automatic acknowledgment of your donation.  Please forward this donation acknowledgement to John Miller (Johnmillerphd at hotmail.com<mailto:Johnmillerphd at hotmail.com>) so that he can track our progress towards our funding goal.

To donate by mail: Please make a check payable to NFB.
On the memo line write STEM Scholarship.
Mail the check to
NFB accounting/scholarship
200 East Wells St. at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230.

Please make your contributions by April 1, 2024, so that your contributions can count towards the 2024 STEM Scholarship.

Thank you for your help.

Very best,
John Miller, President
Science and Engineering Division