[NFBCS] Updated keyboard shortcuts and first-letters navigation now available on Google Drive

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Wed May 1 21:56:51 UTC 2024

On May 1, 2024, Amanda Lacy wrote:

"I can't navigate a table in a Google Doc, because the multi-key, multi-press keystrokes are too complex to hold in working memory while I'm also thinking about the table."

I quite agree that the native table navigation commands provided by Google are not friendly to nonvisual users. Are you using the JAWS screen reader or something else? If you are using JAWS, in particular the latest versions, JAWS does offer a Google mode which makes table navigation a whole lot easier using the traditional JAWS table navigation commands.

Best wishes,

Curtis Chong