[NFBCS] Windows Command Prompt

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Tue May 7 17:51:51 UTC 2024

	hello Ryan.  There are a couple of suggestions I would make to help make the use of the
command line utility you're trying to use easier to use.

1.  Try dumping the usage messages that come from the command line utility into a text file so you
can read them with notepad and use the file as a reference.
Something like:

c:\>Command-to-run > c:\command-reference.txt

This should give you a a txt file with all the output from the command you're trying to use
with its usage information.  You can then open it with notepad and scroll around it to read its
contents.

2.  Use the more utility as a pipe.

Something like:
c:\>command-to-run |more

This should scroll the output of the command you're trying to use to the screen, but will run
it through the pager more, which will allow you to read the output one screen at a time.  you
can then use screen reader commands to review the contents of the screen.

	If I were you, I'd probably use a combination of the two approaches.   That way, I could
build my commands in notepad, then cut and paste them into the cmd window to actually run them.
I might even build some .bat files to perform tasks that I do often, for example, setting up a
call forward, tearing down a forward, or adding a new extension to the system.

Hope that helps.
-Brian