[NFBCS] (no subject)

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Thu May 30 18:51:29 UTC 2024

Just a clarification: You said they are not a W-2 employer and thus don't issue an annual 1099 form.

A W-2 employer issues an annual W-2 form. An org that hires contractors issues 1099 forms every year or at
the ends of jobs. I think you meant that this place issues 1099 forms instead of W-2 forms. My work these
days is on 1099 forms, and I'd say they aren't so hard to handle; you just may have more than one. Of course
how complex your taxes are will still depend on the structure of your business.