[NFBCS] A-Plus certification

Alan K. Martinez alan.k.martinez.02 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 17:45:38 UTC 2024

This time last year I sat for the CompTIA SY0-601 Security+ exam.

I had to call PearsonVUE to make accomodations for my visual
disability.

I have some vision so I was able to get by taking the normal
administered test but with an additional time allowance.  I was given
twice the amount of time to take the test.

Someone will need to contact PearsonVUE, explain the disability and
work with the representative from there.  You will need to fill out
forms and also provide medical verification (a doctors note) of the
disability.  It will take some time for the approval to go through.

Here is CompTIA's website:
https://www.comptia.org/certifications/a

At the top right corner is a Login button.  You can create an account
from there and schedule an exam.

Here is a link from CompTIA regarding accommodations:
https://help.comptia.org/hc/en-us/articles/11183018549780-What-Are-Accommodations-and-How-Do-I-Request-One-If-Elegible

Here is PearsonVUE's accommodations request page but this lists all the
tests available from them that you can make requests for:
https://www.pearsonvue.com/us/en/test-takers/accommodations/select-program.html

Here is a link specifically for CompTIA exams:
https://www.pearsonvue.com/us/en/test-takers/accommodations/pearson_approve.comptia.html

Good luck!!!