[NFBF-Jacksonville] National Federation of the Blind of Florida Greater Jacksonville April Chapter Meeting

Kaye Baker kaye.j.zimpher at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 23:50:05 UTC 2024

Greetings Fellow Federationists:

It is time for our April chapter meeting. I can not believe it is April
already. This meeting should prove to be a busy one, so come early,  so you
can get a good seat.

For the month of April, we will have a guest speaker. Cydney Parker, the
District Legislative Director for Senator Rick Scott  has agreed to attend
our meeting and listen as a few of us present the NFB's legislative issues
for 2024. She was unable to meet with our delegation during our recent trip
to Washington, so we thought it would be a great idea to invite her to one
of our meetings. This way she can see for herself what the NFB really is,
and hear our issues at the same time.  This will also give those of you who
have never participated in Washington Seminar a little taste of what goes
on.

Our guest has another engagement on Saturday, so we will need to start
promptly. I encourage all of you to come in person, and come early.

We will  again meet at the Presbyterian Apartments in Riverside. The address
is 1045 Oak St,  Jacksonville, FL 32204. Thanks goes out to Denise for
securing this location for us.

As  always we will have a Zoom room set up for this meeting. The call in
instructions are at the bottom of the agenda.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the meeting.

The National Federation of the Blind of Florida, Greater Jacksonville
Chapter will meet, Saturday, April 6, 2024, at the Presbyterian House
Apartments, 1045 Oak St Jacksonville,  FL 32204, in the first floor lounge,
& on Zoom

>From 10:00 A.M to 12:00 P.M.

The meeting agenda is as follows:

Introductions

NFB Pledge, and  One Minute Message - Recited by All

Guest speaker, Cydney Parker from Senator Rick Scott's office

Approval of the March Secretary's report - Fallon

Approval of the February and March Treasurer's report - Russ

2024 National Convention
July 3 through July 8
Orlando, Florida

<https://u32452178.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=u001.dPovOk22q531-2BRJhKyInE
EcJb2poLs3yz-2F789HG368MRdxOYnKN2xL5f7-2B8gp5GiX27EDaJX3saX-2Bs3DP6eQemN5dpo
M3f9jaqG8rjexsIY-3DsfPr_QSih0ToQAJ8eDAaZMyeCaHbLUcZkpz4HU-2BmRuxMlZhhOwoL9My
VuaGyuhWPHMwwYsa5YOCJcADNmwuFfUzx326xq8sBA5wdJC-2BQIF6PAyOoCm2mui3T94aJcNhc0
PrI5W6Hv18PLFSk4hZCL-2B3UJ9F8bQ4-2F5SiekjAGESaABhcj4yDLYoOEJxZPibROQV-2FFueI
uQSJCle2-2FuAxrYz9BrnlsTxy3dxnR30t4NykYUcfw-3D> Register now!

Registration is now open. Everyone is encouraged to register online by May
31 for the reduced rate

National Convention Planning meeting taking place the second Sunday of each
month at 7:00 PM.

This is our convention to plan. Come and bring your ideas.

What Florida will be responsible for at National Convention

Opening Ceremony event, no more than 20 minutes

Idea from Doug Ingram to have Video of What makes Florida a great place

Information table, will need  volunteers, contact Peggy Fleischer

Hospitality Suite, will need  volunteers, contact Kaye Baker

Affiliate space in the exhibit hall, Contact Russ if interested in
volunteering.

We can fundraise as a chapter at convention. ideas?

For more information about National Convention visit
<http://www.nfb.org/convention> www.nfb.org/convention

National Federation of the Blind of Florida State Convention

October 11-14 at the South Bank Hotel

We will be the host again.

We are thrilled to be hosting this year with the Tallahassee Chapter

State convention planning meeting is held on the 4th  Wednesday at 8:00.
Please come and share ideas.

Community events for 2024 including walks - Denise

Diabetes Walk is May 4

Do we want a chapter meeting on a different day or before/after the walk.

Other community events/fundraisers

Final thoughts and next meeting date

NFB Greater Jacksonville is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: NFB of Florida, Greater Jacksonville April, 2024 Chapter meeting

Time: April 6, 2024, 10:000 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

 <https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9851473331> https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9851473331

Meeting ID: 985 147 3331

One tap mobile