[Nfbf-l] tampa transportation needed

David Anspach danspach at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Dec 3 02:04:05 UTC 2008

Hello Carolyn,
Amtrak used to have a shuttle bus that would take train passengers from
Pinellas to Hillsborough to catch the train. I think they would do the same
for train passengers arriving in Hillsborough that needed to get to Pinellas
county. They used to have a pick-up point at the Parkside Mall located at
7400 US 19 in Pinellas Park. I would guess that Amtrak would be able to give
more info on times etc. and if the service is still available.

As far as getting to the St. Pete Hilton, you would probably need to call a
cab. I'm sure there is bus service from the mall to the Hilton, but I'm just
not sure about the schedule. You can reach yellow Cab, the most reliable cab
company serving Pinellas county at: 727-799-2222.

The PSTA used to offer a service where you could call them and give your
origination point and your destination and they would tell you which bus
route(s) you would need to take to get there along with times. I'm not sure
they are still providing this service , but You could probably call their
main number, 727-540-1800 and see if it is still available. Their web site
is: www.psta.net. They have schedules there that you can download. The only
problem is that they are in PDF format and you will need Adobe Acrobat to
read them. The last time I tried to read one of their schedules, I found
them to be very confusing as they were not laid out with accessibility in
mind.

Hope this helps,

Dave