[Nfbf-l] Christmas Party

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 14 17:43:07 UTC 2008

Dear Mark,

I understand your transportation issue in Martin County.
I have a suggestion for you.
A chapter grant to cover providing transportation, for your chapter, to
meetings, special events, like State Convention and other things the chapter
feels are important to attend.
There is a source that serves Martin and most of Palm Beach County.  It is
called the Lost Tree Village Charitable Foundation.
They can provide up to $50,000.00 per grant, even buying a vehicle if
needed.
You could contract with a local transportation provider company to give you
the service your chapter needed.
I have even done this for my chapter in the past.
At one time, our chapter got a grant that provided a van and driver, each
month, to pick up and bring in, our members and do most anything else we
needed for that day that involved transportation.
It paid for the driver, with a nice tip, the gas, the insurance, the van and
even let us rent other vans when we needed more than one, such as when we
took 21 members to a state convention in Orlando for 3 days.
If you would like to hear more and work on a grant to do this, just write me
back.
I Think that the next due date for submitting a grant to Lost Tree is coming
up soon and now would be the right time to do it.
The Florida State Convention is going to be held at the Embassy Suites Hotel
in Boca Raton in May.
This could give you a way to bring everyone of your members to the
convention and even get them to and from your chapter meetings for a year.
It could let you and your members attend Public Hearings to press your
County  Commissioners for more funding for better Public Transportation, so
you guys have a better way to get to work and just get around in general.
Let me know.We need to get on it right away as the due date is soon and I am
going away for my first guide dog on Feb. 8,2009.

David Evans, NFBF