[Nfbf-l] DBS missing again!

elizabeth McNally bethmac at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 11 03:39:30 UTC 2008

My only concern about DBS missing from the Governor's Commission on
Disabilities is that they (the commission) are the body who will be making
the recommendations to the Governor next June for the things the disabled
community wishes to improve or create to better the lives of the disabled. I
think just having one person on the commission who is blind is not
sufficient to have the needs of the blind heard. DBS would be able to
emphasize things like Braille literacy, better assistance to those in risk
of losing their jobs, and assisting students and job placement for just a
few. If we want to hold them accountable, we need to have them in a place
where they will be able to make a difference. The Division of Vocational
Rehabilitation is there and the Department of Child and Family Services, the
Veterans, SO why not DBS?