[Nfbf-l] Congratulations, Merry!

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Tue Apr 7 10:31:19 UTC 2009

Hi Dave & Tammy,

Thanks so much for the congrats!!  I am really excited about this new
adventure and challenge.  My greatest hope, of course, is to be more
employable.

I am working diligently on getting things done around the house such as
steam cleaning carpets, painting, and sprucing the place up since I won't
have time once classes start (15 credits each semester).  I am also working
to get into shape.  I walked my first 5K last Saturday and plan on doing
this daily. I want to do a 10K in May.  Either that or I'll start training
to run; however, I've never been a runner.

I am in hopes of doing a home placement with a new guide dog in the near
future as well.  I had an interview and then after my acceptance into USF, I
e-mailed the guide dog school to updat them on my schedule so they can find
me what I need in a dog.  My Vizsla, of course, is not working and has past
12 1/2 years old.  He's having some health issues and has gone down to 56
pounds, but he still wags his stub, trys to bounce and accomplishes it at
times, and eats like he did when he was young.  The vet has been here and
says that to look at him he physically looks like he will die soon.  To
watch him, he still acts like he is three.  Goold ole' Vizslas, they do have
spirit.

Sorry to rant.  Hope you and Tammy are doing well.  Are ya'll coming to
convention?  I know you have the same problems we have with a slew full of
animals and finding care for them when you leave.  I am not sure what I will
do if Sydney is still alive.  I had to cancel going to Tallahassee seminar
because I can't leave him with anyone.  I may just have to bring him if I
come, if not I'll have to stay home.

Thanks again Dave and Tammy!!
Hugs to you both,
Merry