[Nfbf-l] Release of Audio Description @ WDW

REPCODDS at aol.com REPCODDS at aol.com
Sat Apr 11 00:45:44 UTC 2009

Read on below about this device I beta  tested for Disney!
Dwight

OVERVIEW:
Audio Description, offered though Disney's Handheld  Device, provides
supplemental audio for Guests who are blind or have low vision  by focusing on
visual elements such as actions, settings, and scene changes and  works with
existing show audio at 30 theme park attractions at the WALT DISNEY  WORLD
Resort.  Guests with visual disabilities wishing to use Audio  Description can
obtain a handheld device at theme park Guest Relations locations  along
with a single ear earpiece or double ear headphones (Guests may also bring
their own earpieces/headphones if they so choose).  Devices require a
fully-refundable $100 daily deposit for use.

CURRENT ATTRACTIONS WITH AUDIO  DESCRIPTION:
Magic Kingdom  (11 locations)
Adventureland: The  Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management & Pirates of
the Caribbean
Liberty Square: Haunted Mansion
Fantasyland: it’s a small world, Peter  Pan's Flight, Snow White's Scary
Adventures, & The Many Adventures of  Winnie the Pooh
Mickey's Toontown Fair: Mickey's Country  House & Minnie's Country House
Tomorrowland: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin & Tomorrowland  Transit
Authority
Epcot (11 locations)
Future World:  Spaceship Earth, Universe of  Energy, Journey into
Imagination, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Living with the  Land, & Turtle Talk with
Crush
World Showcase: O Canada, Impressions de  France, The American Adventure,
Reflections of China, & Mexico's Gran  Fiesta Tour
Disney's Hollywood Studios (5  locations)
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt  Spectacular
Muppet Vision  3-D
Walt Disney: One Man's  Dream
Magic of Disney  Animation
Beauty and the Beast-Live  on Stage
Disney's Animal Kingdom (3  locations)
Discovery Island: It's  Tough to be a Bug
Africa: Pangani  Forest Exploration Trail
Asia:  Maharajah Jungle Trek
Many thanks for your continued interest in  our services!
Mark Jones
Operations Manager, Walt Disney World Resort
Services for Guests with  Disabilities
Worldwide Safety &  Accessibility
Walt Disney Parks  & Resorts

steps!