[Nfbf-l] Kathy Davis Not Seeking Re-election

Kathy Davis kdavisnfbf at cfl.rr.com
Sun Apr 26 23:08:54 UTC 2009

Dear NFBF Family,

After deep contemplation and prayer I have decided that I will not run for
re-election as President of the National Federation of the Blind of Florida.
Please rest assured though that I will run for another position as an
officer or board member. If I am elected I will continue to work diligently
for our wonderful affiliate and to lend my leadership and guidance to you in
the future just as I have done for many years.

I have served as your state president for the past four years and I believe
under my leadership we have accomplished a great deal on many fronts. Right
now, I need to return home to Ormond Beach and scale back a little on my
various responsibilities. It has been my pleasure to serve as your
president. I love the Florida affiliate and I continue to work hard to keep
us moving ever forward. The position of president requires hours upon hours
of work and devotion if one is to truly do an outstanding job. I believe I
have given you my best and my desire to do so has come from deep within my
heart and mind.

I will be chairing the 2009 State Convention in a few weeks in Boca Raton
and so look forward to seeing all of you. My months as a student at the
Louisiana Center for the Blind have been invaluable to me as a blind woman
and leader. The program is extremely demanding and leaves very little time
to spare but I have put my all into continuing to carry out my myriad of
responsibilities as NFBF President via teleconference, e-mail and by phone.
my experience here in Ruston has been life-changing in so many ways. I look
forward to telling you much more about it all at convention.

Thank you so much for the confidence you have shown me, the love and support
you have provided and for helping me to learn and grow as your leader.

With heartfelt appreciation,

Kathy Davis, President
NFBF
 forever