[Nfbf-l] Orlando Scholarship Luncheon Wrap Up

REPCODDS at aol.com REPCODDS at aol.com
Fri Aug 14 20:29:56 UTC 2009

The second annual   National Federation of the Blind of FloridaGreater
Orlando Chapter Scholarship  Luncheon was a great success! This event was
dedicated to the memory of  our very own Dr. Tom Hartig. Everyone enjoyed the
wonderful atmosphere at  the Dubsdread Country Club Taproom and the delicious
food.   Asli  Goncer, one of our members, serenaded us on her guitar with many
of her  original songs.  What a talent! (50) of our Chapter  members
attended to celebrate the memory of Dr. Tom and the promise of the two  new
scholarship winners:  Tara Tripathi and Yasen Angelov.   Both fellows are
continuing their educations and are wonderful role models of  dedication and hard
work.  It was a wonderful time to share good food and  good friends.

    Thanks to the organizers for all  their hard work and the new 2010
Scholarship committee will be meeting  soon.  Information will be coming soon.
The Lucky Egg winner was  not present and over $70.00 will roll over to the
drawing at our September  meeting.  Make your plans to attend now, you must
be present to  win!

Best Regards,
Cheryl Stone Chapter Secretary

CC: