[Nfbf-l] Colorado Connections

Holly Idler hbeanie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 23:17:51 UTC 2009

Hey NFBF Friends,
Does anyone out there know positive blind people in Denver Colorado? My
cousin had an unfortunate accident and has lost most of her vision. She
really could use a friend who can encourage her and maybe get her involved
in the NFB out in Denver. I called Colorado Center for the Blind this
afternoon and found out that Colorado Vocational Rehabilitation is not
acccepting new clients. Could you imagion, lossing your sight, being scared
and depressed and not even get training to use your computer, walk around
independently, or even take care of your child? I think I take my training
and ability to receive training for granted. When I moved to Florida all I
had to do was call DBS and fill out some paperwork, see some doctors and
meet my counsler.
Thank you for any and all assistance you can provide.
Holly

--
"God gives you 86,400 seconds in a day. Take one to say Thank You."
Walter A. Ward