[Nfbf-l] President Maurer Asking for Your Assistance

Kathy Davis kdavisnfbf at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jan 25 21:12:20 UTC 2009

Everyone, please read on and be sure to cast your votes as requested.

Thank you,

Kathy

>From John G. Paré Jr.

Dear Colleagues:

I am writing to you to ask your help in recognizing one of the most
important inventors of our time. Blind Bargains.com is conducting the voting
round for its second annual Access Technology Awards. Ray Kurzweil and the
knfbReader Mobile have been nominated in three different categories. We, the
blind users of access technology, have the opportunity to tell the world how
much we appreciate and honor Ray Kurzweil and his inventions.

Please support Ray Kurzweil by voting in favor of the nominations for his
newest and most exciting product and for Ray Kurzweil himself. Here are

the particulars: You can submit your vote by

visiting

< <http://www.blindbargains.com/awardvote08.php>
http://www.blindbargains.com/awardvote08.php>http://www.blindbargains.com/aw
ardvote08.php

Only one vote in each category by each person is permitted. So, don't vote
several times as your ballots will not be counted. Voting ends at 5:00 p.m.
Eastern time on January 25, 2009.

The knfbReader Mobile is nominated in two

categories: Category 1, Best New Product or Innovation, and Category 5, Best
Software Product. Ray Kurzweil has been nominated in Category 11 for Person
of the Year.

There are many worthy nominations this year, but I think you will agree that
the work of Ray Kurzweil has had a tremendous impact on the life of each and
every blind person not only in the United States, but throughout the

world. Working with the National Federation of

the Blind, Ray Kurzweil created the first truly pocket-sized reading
machine.

Please join me in supporting this technology that was created and produced
side by side with the organized blind. Please visit <
<http://www.blindbargains.com/awardvote08.php>
http://www.blindbargains.com/awardvote08.php>http://www.blindbargains.com/aw
ardvote08.php

and cast your votes before 5:00 p.m. Eastern time this Sunday.

Thank you in advance for your help.

John G. Paré Jr.

Executive Director for Strategic Initiatives NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE
BLIND

Nfbf-l at nfbnet.org