[Nfbf-l] Amtrak

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Fri Jun 12 00:59:02 UTC 2009

Holly,
Thanks for noticing this and bringing it to our attention.  This is very
upsetting to me.  If there's truly someone who trails behind a blind or
deaf-blind person, this needs to be investigated.  Is this an AMTRAK policy?
I've never heard of such before, but, of course, I've not been able to see
such a sign above my seat.  I'm going from Galesburg, Illinois, to Detroit,
for the national convention, and I'll definitely inquire about such a sign
and obligation on the part of some poor amtrak employee to follow me.  After
all, it's so very easy to get lost on a train (grin)  Except, it's not at
all amusing, and I will find out what's going on here.  Thanks again for
being so vigilant...good NFB work!!

Sherrill