[Nfbf-l] National Federation of the Blind and American Council of the Bli...

REPCODDS at aol.com REPCODDS at aol.com
Mon Jun 29 04:26:15 UTC 2009

Tara,
When are you arriving in Detroit?
Dr. Maurer has said we can meet with him. I will call him in Baltimore
tomorrow.
Dwight

In a message dated 6/25/2009 9:41:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
taraprakash at gmail.com writes:

Here all  the universities need to do is, provide a .txt version of the
files
to the  print-disabled. It must have been so much easier than defending in
the  court. I am not aware of the negotiations that took place between NFB
and  the University and if there was any discussion about alternate
formats.

I wonder what response do we have if we are asked in the court  how is this
situation different from the print book regime. Even the print  books are
not
accessible to the blind. They anyway use an alternate  format, why not in
this case?

Thanks

Tara