[Nfbf-l] State Convention: Traveling by Train?

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Mon May 4 19:56:16 UTC 2009

Dear All,
    Today I made my travel reservations for Amtrak. I also checked on the Tri-Rail schedule for both my arrival on May 22 and return on May 25 (Memorial Day). I found that we have an issue with the return trip! The train leaves Deerfield Beach at 12:48 and wPB at 1:27. The problem is that the Tri-Rail train runs with a two-hour headway, leaving Boca at 12:32 arriving in Deerfield Beach at 12:39 and leaving Boca at 1:04, arriving in WPB at 1:34. On this schedule, there is only nine minutes between trains in Deerfield and arrives 7 minutes late in WPB.
    The Embassy Suites will only transport within a three-mile radius and Deerfield Beach is seven miles from the hotel and WPb is nearly 30. We are looking into van transportation to carry us to deerfield Beach and need to know how many delegates will be traveling via Amtrak. If you - like Merry and me - have already made reservations with Amtrak from WPB, you may wish to reconsider the departure city for the return to save on transportation costs. In the meantime, we would like to know how many people will need transportation to Amtrak so we can get a quote on transportation. Please reply to this message with this information.

Fraternally,
Marion Gwizdala-Schoch