[Nfbf-l] Rachel Jacobs National Scholarship Winner

Kathy Davis kdavisnfbf at cfl.rr.com
Fri May 8 04:18:30 UTC 2009

Dear Rachel and NFBF Family,

Rachel Sheppard-Jacobs left me a voice mail message this evening all
excited. She has been selected as a national scholarship winner and to tell
you the truth, I believe I am as thrilled about this wonderful news as is
Rachel. Congratulations Ms. Jacobs. You won a state scholarship last year
and went on to now head up our Manasota Chapter!

You deserved to win, Rachel. We are always looking for new blind people in
our affiliate who realize that landing a state scholarship is far more than
the money; it is about getting involved in the Federation and going on to
become a leader.

I do not know if anyone else from Florida won a national scholarship but
will let you know when I find this out from Anil Lewis.

Rachel, just wait until you get to Detroit and are introduced to the many
members! Your Florida Federationists will let you know loud and clear just
how proud we are of you!

Love,

Kathy