[Nfbf-l] Doreen Franklin for Parents Division President

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Thu May 14 21:52:07 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I would like to express my support for Doreen Franklin for President of the
NFB of Florida Parents Division.  I know Doreen personally, and I know she
would bring the same enthusiasm and determination to the Parents Division
that she brings to all aspects of her life. Doreen would do an excellent job
as President: from talking to and advocating for parents to representing the
goals of the NFB of Florida.

Doreen's experience working at the Lighthouse showed her how important it is
for a blind person to learn to use a white cane, Braille and other blindness
skills.  She also knows the difficulties of working with the public school
system trying to get these skills for her low vision child.  It isn't enough
for Doreen's daughter to get by in the system, she wants her daughter to use
her cane so she can travel independently and to learn Braille so she can
succeed when using low vision to read print is not sufficient.

Doreen is there for her daughter and she can be there for you and your blind
child too.  Vote for Doreen Franklin as President of the NFBF Parents
Division.

Thank you.

JODY

"WE MUST BE THE CHANGE WE