[Nfbf-l] question

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Sun May 17 09:59:02 UTC 2009

Rachel,
    One suggestion is to find out if the particular sporting event is
carried as a simulcast on the radio. By nature, the play-by-play on the
radio is much more descriptive than that provided on the television. One
challenge is that they are not always in sync. usually, the radio
information is live as it happens, while television, because it travels
through sattelite, is a few seconds behind!
    The NFB has been very vocal on the issue of providing audio description,
but does not believe that mandating this through legislation is the right
path. We have, however, favored this in the cases of emergency information
that is scrolled at the bottom of screens, such as the recent information
about tornados in hillsborough County. As a blind person, we need to
understand that some visual information is simply not accessible to us! HTH!

Marion